Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Merging Realities


"Merging Realities", Acrylic, India ink, mat board

Hey kittens, sorry it's been a while since I've posted art work...it has been crunch time as far as the spring semester goes. This is one of my last pieces for Design II. And, guess what!? It's 2D & 3D, fun, hmm? I made a woman from simultaneous perspective with abstracted colours. I do not have any certain conceptual purpose behind this piece, but I do think that the overlapping hand came out more creepy than intended (she's going for my face!! ahh!!). Any comments? Peace out.

4 comments:

  1. I love this piece even more now that I see it larger. I didn't realize before that the hand was reaching beyond the boundary of the rectangle... ooh! That gives me ideas for names! I will share those with you in a different venue first! A fun piece indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestions; I picked out of some of the names you gave me. So thoughtful! {:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things that strikes me about this piece is how, for a piece that didn't start out having a conceptual purpose, speaks to me so loudly in meaning. Awesome! ("Isn't it ironic.... don't you think?" {Alanis Morisette})

      Delete