Monday, July 9, 2012

Custom-designed frame

Custom-designed frame, acrylics

I custom-designed this frame for a family print. Originally, I wanted to create a very textured frame. However, as things always shift and evolve around us, my frame idea evolved into something different.

I decided to use the palette knife, in order to create a thick texture (love using the palette knife!!!!). However, the white paint was more watery than I had anticipated, and did not create thick texture. Instead, it formed around the thick, black paint that had dried the day before the white was applied. 

I loved the ending result much better than my original idea! I went with a black & white scheme for the frame design because I knew that the picture already had a lot of color, and I wanted the frame to compliment the photo, but not dominate it. 

I have never designed a frame before, but I have certainly painted a lot, so this was a new experience that I really enjoyed, and I will definitely be doing more of it in the future!

What do you think about it? 

Peace,

Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment