Thursday, February 2, 2012

City-Scape Puddle Reflection





"City-Scape Puddle Reflection",acrylics on canvas
So...using the palette knife was awesome! This painting was the first time I used my palette knives, and it was so much fun. This painting took me three stages to complete. The goal for this painting was 1. to explore the texture effects that acrylics can create, and 2. to have fun. I had considered using Gesso to amplify the textural effects, but, instead, I decided to apply the paint in layers. My art teacher pointed out that I like working in layers. This isn't really something that I noticed until I stepped back and look at many of my works in a row. Intriguing? Seems so. Hope you guys enjoy this piece (I know I enjoyed making it...and having a mini photo shoot with it :P). Peace.

1 comment:

  1. This is super cool! I like the title very much...I can see that in the painting!

    ReplyDelete